Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jesus is Calling

Listen out everyone....this book I am about to write about is amazing!!! I am so excited that I found it. I have been searching for a good every day devotional for a while now. I am going to be real honest, I am not great at a daily quiet time with Jesus, but I am working on it. I will typically get motivated and go a week or 2, then it fades away into a few times a week, once a week, to eventually every now and then. I get so down on myself that I had such good intentions, but life always seems to get in my way.
 
Needless to say I was strolling through the christian book store a couple weeks back, looking, searching for a devotional that seemed right for me. I wanted something that was daily, short, but effective. Yes, I said short. I have done the hour long devotionals before by myself and my attention span seems to think about everything else in my life, except what I really need to be focusing on, GOD!! SO...I set my eyes on something that I could do before work about 10-20 minutes in length.
 
I overheard one of the workers talking to about a 365 devotional called, Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young. 
 
 
After a looking through the first couple devotions, I knew this was the book for me. Each day takes about 3-5 minutes to read and the Bible verses are already printed. With this length is gives me time to sit and reflect, without feeling rushed.
 
If you are looking for a meaningful devotion that fits in your busy life, check out this Jesus Calling, it has totally made a difference in my life in just a few weeks.

"Look to the Lord and His strength; seex his face always." Psalm 105:4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment